COMMITMENT TO SAFETY & THE ENVIRONMENT
Here at Maschmeyer, our Environmental Policy is to:
- Comply with all applicable environmental legislation on a State and Local level.
- Continually improve our environmental stewardship towards industry best practices.
- Exercise our environmental responsibilities through engaging all Team Members and External Customers and Vendors.
- Address proactively all challenges and opportunities of being Environmental Stewards.
- Optimize the use of resources through efficiency gains and recycling.
- Be good and active neighbors in the communities in which we operate.
One of our policies listed above is to optimize the use of resources through efficiency and recycling. We continuously accomplish this goal by working closely with our QC and Operations Teams to ensure the highest quality of product delivered with the minimum amount of waste. We have implemented technology to measure concrete quality, and in the cases where we have return concrete, we are committed to recycling all our return concrete into bin blocks for resale or our aggregate walls or road base. We also reuse our stormwater and process water where possible to reduce consumption of fresh water for housekeeping activities within the plants. In non DOT locations, we can batch with our pond water or sprinkle aggregate. Our team also recycles all of our lubricants, batteries and metals.
For more information regarding our environmental efforts, please contact Marisol Hamby, Environmental & Properties Manager. (407) 467-7200 or email MHamby@maschmeyer.com